How many times have you gone out of your way to lift someone up? Many times, huh? Whether it’d be to offer someone advice, words of encouragement, support or to simply tell them “you will be alright” We’ve all taken time to look out for someone. And while it is amazing to help and look out for others, it is very important to not forget about ourselves in the process. Often times we forget to talk to ourselves because we are too busy talking to everyone else. We are excellent advice givers. We are great at cheering other people up. But why is it that the few times that we do talk to ourselves it is only to nitpick our flaws “I suck a this, I should quit…” Why can’t we give ourselves the you-will-be-alright speech that we tend to give to others?
DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
When someone tells you “I’m stupid because I don’t understand this! ugh I want to give up”
Do you just agree with them and tell them that they are right? Or do you tell them something along the lines of you are not stupid and you should definietly not give up….keep trying and you’ll understand x sooner or later.
So WHY, why can’t we offer that same amount of kindness to ourselves? Why must we be so hard on ourselves to the point of hurting our own feelings with our negative comments and thoughts? Putting ourselves down won’t make us better. Criticism is helpful, but negative self talk is harmful. I say enough with talking to ourselves in a negative manner. How about we start talking to ourselves in a more positive way? Deal? I have created a list of 10 affirmations you should tell yourself every day. It’s about time we spread the love we give to others to ourselves as well. So, if you’re ready to start being kind to yourself, keep reading! xo
1. I am grateful for the incredible and unique life I have been given.
2. Everyday I’m closer to becoming the very best version of myself.
3. I’m worthy of unconditional love.
4. The opinion of others is not a reflection of who I am but a reflection of who they are.
5. I choose to be happy and I deserve to have happiness in my life.
6. I let go of anything and everything that doesn’t serve me.
7. I am proud of everything I have accomplished thus far and everything I have yet to accomplish.
8. I am intelligent, beautiful, successful, confident and enough.
9. I am doing my best everyday.
10. I am excited to create the life I want and dream of.
I hope you found these affirmations helpful! Let me know which affirmations you will definitely begin repeating to yourself everyday!
Until next time,