Are you looking for eye-opening self-discovery journal prompts that will help you get to know yourself better? Whether you’re on a mission to discover who you really are and your purpose in life, or you simply need creative journal prompts to get you writing, I have come up with 100 self-discovery journal prompts for you. These self-discovery journal prompts were created to help you dig within your soul and figure out who you are, what your purpose in life is, and help you create a new version of yourself. So, are you ready to embark in this self-discovery journey? I know I am!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
WHAT IS SELF-DISCOVERY?
Self-discovery is the act of becoming aware of your own character, feelings, abilities, and true potential.
Often times, we live life without actually knowing who we are supposed to be, what we’re supposed to do, and where we’re supposed to be going. And due to our lack of self-reflection, we miss out on incredible opportunities, we hinder our growth, and live a mediocre life.
It hurts to admit, but it’s true.
THE ROAD TO SELF-DISCOVERY
Luckily the road to self-discovery isn’t miles away.
The road to self-discovery starts with you. No one can help you discover yourself other than yourself.
When you’re aware of your strengths and weaknesses, your inner being, and your surroundings, you’re able to take actions to grow, excel, and thrive. This is why it’s important to take time to discover yourself – your goals, your desires, your strengths, your purpose, etc!
SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL PROMPTS
One of the best ways to get yourself to reflect on your life and get to know yourself better is through journaling. Sure not everyone enjoys journaling. However, journaling helps you think and release your deepest thoughts on to paper. Which is why, I have created 100 self-discovery journal prompts for you! Use these journal prompts to open your heart, reflect deeply, and create a new (and improved) you.
SAVE THESE 100 SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR LATER!
100 SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR A NEW YOU
1) What is your ultimate goal in life?
2) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
3) Are you happy with the life you are living?
4) What is your vision and mission in life?
5) How have you changed as a person over the last 5 years?
6) What words do you live by?
7) List three things you want to change about yourself.
8) List three things you absolutely love about yourself.
9) What does a perfect life look like to you?
10) What kind of legacy are you leaving?
11) Are you living your best life?
12) When are you at your happiest?
13) What kind of person do you aspire to be?
14) List 5 of your biggest goals in life.
15) What is your biggest regret in life?
16) If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?
17) Write down the words or phrase that has impacted you the most.
18) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
19) Where is your heart at?
20) What is your ultimate goal in life?
21) List three memories that you know you need to let go of.
22) Who makes you the happiest?
23) Is there a secret you’ve never told anyone before? Write it down.
24) What are you looking forward to the most?
25) What is something not many know about you?
DIG WITHIN YOUR SOUL WITH THESE JOURNAL PROMPTS…..
26) Describe yourself in 10 words.
27) What are you the proudest of?
28) What is something you wish you’ve never done?
29) What is the biggest life lesson you have learned?
30) Is there something you can’t live without? If your answer is yes, what is it?
31) What does the best version of yourself look like?
32) What are you most afraid of?
33) What is your safety place?
33) Who has impacted your life the most?
34) List three habits you would like to change.
35) List three habits you would like to adopt.
36) Write down something unique about yourself.
37) What would you tell your teenage self?
38) What is the greatest piece of advice you have received? Did you listen to this advice?
39) Who do you go to for comfort?
40) Write a heartfelt letter to your future self.
41) Who do you look up to? And why?
42) If you could switch lives with someone, who would it be?
43) What would make you happy right now?
44) What is something you have learned this year?
45) How do you want others to remember you?
46) How can you help others?
47) What picks you up when you’re feeling down?
48) Write down your abilities.
49) How do you respond to stress?
50) How do you react to injustice and indifference?
USE THESE SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL PROMPTS TO REFLECT ON YOUR LIFE
51) Describe one of the best days you’ve had. Where where you? What did you do? Who were you with?
52) What do you like to do with your free time?
53) Are you intentional with your time?
54) Who or what is your number one priority in life?
55) What do you believe in?
56) If you can completely erase a memory from your life, what would it be?
57) Which life challenge are you grateful for?
58) What does your family mean to you?
59) What can you do to impact someone else’s life?
60) What are some words you wish someone would say to you?
61) When you see yourself in the mirror, what do you see?
62) What are you skilled at?
63) How can you change the world?
64) What is your dream job? Describe it.
65) What do you think is your purpose in life?
66) What song has impacted your life?
67) Create a poem about your life.
68) What is one thing holding you back?
69) Who do have to forgive?
70) What makes you sad?
71) How do you react in difficult situations?
72) What is the worst thing you have ever done?
73) What is the best thing you have ever done?
74) What are the qualities you most value in a person?
MORE SELF-DISCOVERY JOURNAL PROMPTS THAT WILL GET YOU WRITING…..
75) Describe your ideal soulmate.
76) How passionate are you about life?
77) Do you give up easily? If so, why?
78) If you can eliminate one thing from the world, what would it be?
79) Do you enjoy spending time with yourself?
80) How do you like to relax?
81) How do you think other people see you?
82) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
83) What difference or impact do you want to make in the world?
84) What are you really like?
85) What is the first thing you think about when you think of happiness?
86) How do you deal with anxiety?
87) What do you like to do for fun?
88) What is something you’re really good at and proud of?
89) How do you like to relax?
90) Who do you owe an apology to?
91) What do you have to forgive yourself for?
92) What is your biggest pet peeve?
93) What is a limiting belief that you have and need to get rid of?
94) What toxic habit is preventing you from living a healthy life?
95) Write down 10 things that make you smile.
96) What are your daily habits?
97) What are you most grateful for?
98) How would you describe your values in life?
99) What motivates you to get out of bed every single morning?
100) How do you define success?
More Journaling Posts You May Like
- 25 Insightful Journal Prompts For Bloggers
- 31 Day December Journaling Challenge
- 100 Journal Prompts About Your Favorite Things In Life
I hope you were able to examine yourself in a deeper way with these 100 self-discovery journal prompts. Which journal prompt did you enjoy the most? Please let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,