20 Best Night Routine Ideas That Will Change Your Life
Are you tired of self-destructive routines, sleepless nights, and exhausting mornings? Then, it’s time to create an effective night routine that will change that. While mornings play a huge role in your every day life, nights don’t stay behind. In fact, they are just as important. Whatever you do in the night tends to drag on to the next morning. So, if you’re waking up tired every single morning, your night time routine calls for some fixing. But not to worry! Below I will be sharing 20 best night routine ideas that will change your life. So are you ready to transform your night routine? I am!
📌 SAVE THESE 20 BEST NIGHT ROUTINE IDEAS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR LATER!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continuous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
20 Life Changing Night Routine Ideas To Try
THE BEST NIGHT ROUTINE IDEAS FOR YOUR BODY:
1. Move your body
Couldn’t get a sweaty workout in during the day? Then, it’s time to get your body moving at night. Since I spend 90% of the day sitting behind a computer, I personally like to end my day with a good workout! This helps me get rid of stress, unwind, and keep my body active. If you like to workout during the day, go for it! However, if you don’t have time to workout during the day (like me), use the night to burn those calories!
2. Workout challenge before bed
If you don’t have time for a full workout, try doing a 10-20 minute workout challenge! I have created a handful of workout challenges using Pamela Reif’s workouts. So, if you’re up for the challenge, join some of my workout challenges below!
- 7 Day Winter Fitness Challenge To Do At Home
- 10 Day Workout Challenge For Beginners
- 10 Day Ab Workout Challenge For Killer Abs
- 12 Day Summer Workout Challenge
- 14 Day Workout Challenge For Boss Babes
- 20 Day Full Body Workout Challenge
3. Dance your way to bed
I don’t know about you but dance workouts have really grown on me lately. They make you sweat (kinda like a HIIT workout), keep your body in movement, and really boost your mood! I can’t remember a time where I didn’t genuinely enjoy doing a dance workout. So, if you want to cheer yourself up before going to bed, I highly suggest doing a fun dance workout. Below, I will share some of my favorite Pamela Reif dance workouts.
PAMELA REIF DANCE WORKOUTS:
You can find more Pamela Reif dance workouts in her youtube dance playlist, here!
4. Increase your steps outside or at home
If you don’t like strength training, dance workouts, or any kind of intense workout (you’re missing out, hehe!), then simply walk. You can either walk around your house outside (if it’s safe of course), in your backyard, or you can walk inside of your house. If you choose to walk inside, just put on some music and walk from room to room for about 20-30 minutes. This is an easy way to increase your steps and keep your body in movement.
5. Join the daily exercise challenge
Choose an exercise you like and challenge yourself to do this exercise for x amount of times at night. You can choose a different exercise to do every week or you can choose a different exercise to do every month! This is an easy and fun way to keep your body active without spending a lot of time exercising! And if you don’t know what exercises to do, check out my post: 100 effective bodyweight exercises to do at home!
6. Lay down & stretch
Personally, I don’t like to do yoga so I won’t promote it. However, I do like to stretch my body not just to improve flexibility, but to also help me unwind. So, I will suggest setting aside 15 minutes to stretch your body after a long day at work, school, home, or wherever you spend your day.
THE BEST NIGHT ROUTINE IDEAS FOR YOUR SOUL:
7. End the day with prayer
Take a moment to communicate with God through prayer. Open your heart to him, release everything that’s on your mind, and thank him for everything that happened during the day. This is a great way to not only practice gratitude, but to also stay connected with God.
8. Read the daily bible verse
Don’t go to sleep without reading at least one bible verse! If you don’t know what bible verse to read, you have two options:
- Open the Bible app and read the daily bible verse they share.
- Head over to my christian IG account @equationofhope and read my bible verse of the day. I share a bible verse on my stories and on my feed every single day. If you want to listen to the verse, check out my stories. If you only want to read the verse, check out my feed.
9. Scripture at night
If reading a bible verse is not enough for you, set aside some time to read a passage or a couple of passages every night! There are so many ways you can read the Bible, so it’s up to you to decide how you want to go about it! Here are some ways you can read the Bible:
- Follow devotionals on the Bible app
- Read the Bible in order (from Genesis to Revelation)
- Read a different book in the Bible every month
- Follow a one year bible reading plan
If you need more ideas, check out this post: 10 fun ways to read the Bible
10. Spend time with God
If you want to build a deeper connection with God and also increase your faith, then it’s important that you make time for God every day. Just like you would set time aside for your significant other, you should set time aside to spend it with God. Here are some ways to spend time with God:
- Talk to him through prayer
- Read the Bible
- Sing a worship song (here are 100 christian songs to listen to)
- Meditate on his Word
- Write in your journal about your faith
- Study the Bible
- Repeat biblical affirmations (check out this post: 50 biblical affirmations that will change your life
THE BEST NIGHT ROUTINE IDEAS FOR YOUR MIND:
11. Repeat affirmations before bed
There’s never a wrong time to repeat affirmations, but repeating them right before going to bed is a great way to boost your mood and set the tone for a good night sleep. You don’t have to repeat multiple affirmations at once. Simply choose 1-3 affirmations, go to your mirror, and repeat these affirmations while looking at yourself in the mirror. If you don’t know what affirmations to repeat, check out my affirmations posts below!
- 50 best positive affirmations to improve your mindset
- 50 biblical affirmations that will change your life
- 10 affirmations to tell yourself everyday
12. Record your wins for the day
Write down everything you were able to accomplish during the day on a piece a paper or a journal. This can be anything from simply making it through the day to completing x task. Anything you consider a win, no matter how big or small, write it down.
13. Practice gratitude
Another great thing to do at night is to practice gratitude. Regardless of how your day went, I am 100% sure there is at least ONE thing to be grateful for during the day. If you think there is absolutely nothing to be grateful for, I created a list that will hopefully change your mind. You may not relate to every single thing on the list (I certainly don’t) but if you find at least one thing that applies to you, then you have something to be grateful for!
You have a reason to be grateful if:
- There’s a roof over your head.
- You are healthy.
- You have a job.
- Your life is not in danger.
- There are people who care about you.
- You have family: parents, children, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.
- You are in a stable relationship.
- Your refrigerator is not empty.
- You are not in debt.
- You are ALIVE.
14. Listen to a motivational podcast
If you like feeding your mind with motivation, I highly suggest listening to a motivational podcast before going to bed. You can even multi-task while listening to a podcast. You can do your skin care routine while listening to a podcast. Or you can do a mask while listening to a podcast.
15. Write in your journal
Are you into journaling? If so, make it a habit to journal at least 15 minutes before going to bed! There’s so much you can write about, but if you are stuck or unsure how to make the most out of a journaling session, check out these posts:
- 30 Day Journaling Challenge: One Phrase A Day
- 100 Journaling Prompts About Your Favorite Things
- 25 Insightful Journal Prompts For Bloggers
- 31 Day December Journaling Challenge
If you’re into bullet journaling, check out these posts:
THE BEST NIGHT ROUTINE IDEAS FOR THE NEXT MORNING:
16. Plan the next day
(If you like planning your week on Sundays or Mondays like I do, disregard this.) Take a moment to reflect on what you have to do the next day and plan accordingly. Create a to-do list or fill in your planner.
17. Write down goals
Spend a few minutes setting goals for yourself. This can be daily goals, weekly goals, or even monthly goals.
18. Brain dump session
Grab a paper and write down whatever is on your mind. If you are worrying about the things you have to do the next day, goals you have to accomplish, places you have to be, work tasks you have to complete, write them down. This will help you release the stress you may be feeling and also help your mentally prepare yourself for the following day. Remember, this does not mean that you have to start working on your tasks for tomorrow. This only means that you can go to sleep without having to worry about what you’ll do tomorrow because it’s already written down.
19. Prepare your outfit for tomorrow
There’s nothing more annoying than waking up the next day not knowing what to wear. So, to avoid wasting your time in the morning choosing an outfit on the spot, take 10-15 minutes every night to pick out an outfit for the following day. I like choosing my outfits every night and placing my whole outfit, towel, and the jewelry I’m going to wear on my vanity! This makes it so easy for me to simply wake up, grab what’s on my vanity and get ready for the day. Also, if you like doing your make up, I would also suggest setting aside the make up you want to use the next morning.
20. Relax and unwind
Lastly, schedule in some time to pamper yourself before going to bed! Use this time to relax, unwind, and practice self-care after a long day of work, school, raising kids, running a business, or whatever it is you do! We all deserve a break from our daily hustle.
Below, I’m going to share with you a few ways you can relax and unwind after a long day.
- Take a delicious nap
- Or, sleep earlier
- Do your skin-care routine
- Put on a mask
- Listen to your favorite song
- Watch Netflix, YouTube, or Tik Toks
If you are into self-care, below I’m going to share a few self-care posts you will find helpful:
SELF-CARE BEFORE BED:
- Self-Care Menu: The 105 Best Self-Care Ideas
- 30 Day Self-Care Challenge For Women
- 50 Simple Self-Care Ideas For Hard Days
- 50 Winter Self-Care Ideas For Cozy Days
- The New Self-Care Is Self-Sustainability
- 50 Ways To Invest In Yourself Like A Boss
More Posts You May Like
- How To Create An Effective Morning Routine Suited For You
- 10 Daily Habits That Will Help Improve Your Mental Health
- 100 Girl Boss Habits To Urgently Develop This Year
I hope you found these night routine ideas helpful! Let me know in the comments below which night routine idea you like the most!
Until next time,