Wealth, status, and achievements? They mean nothing if you’re unhappy on the inside. Regardless of what you may have or the position you are in, there is nothing greater than having a heart that’s happy and a mind that’s at peace. So, whether you’re working a 9 to 5, running your own business, working towards a degree, or raising beautiful babies, it’s important that you keep your well-being in check by practicing self-care. Don’t know where to start? No worries! I have created a super fun 30 day self-care challenge for women who want to invest in themselves, avoid burnout, and live their life to the fullest!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
30 DAY SELF CARE CHALLENGE FOR WOMEN:
Since it can be challenging to have a full day of self-care activities, I have a created a 30 day self-care challenge to help you practice at least one self-care activity during the next 30 days! I’ve included all kinds of self-care activities in this challenge, so I hope you have blast completing these activities and crushing this challenge!
SAVE FOR LATER!
DOWNLOAD 30 DAY SELF CARE CHALLENGE PDF
Below you’ll find a printable that’ll serve as a map during this self-care challenge!
Use this printable to keep yourself accountable each day and to cross off the days you successfully complete your self-care activity! Please feel free to adjust the challenge to your schedule, preferences, and time!
Sign up below to get instant access to this fun printable!
30 DAY SELF CARE CHALLENGE:
DAY 1 – BOOST YOUR MOTIVATION
“A man is what he thinks” is a phrase that I grew up listening to in church. And the older I get, the more I understand it. It’s true, our thoughts have a huge impact in our lives. If our mind is filled with negative thoughts, it’s more than likely that we’re not leading a very positive life. Which is why I want to dedicate today to filling our mind with motivation and inspiration.
Don’t wait for motivation to come to you. Seek motivation today!
ESSENTIAL WAYS YOU CAN BOOST YOUR MOTIVATION:
- Listen to motivational podcasts.
- Listen to powerful TED Talks.
- Read inspirational quotes on Pinterest and repeat them aloud.
- Read the Bible – here are 50 powerful Biblical affirmations that will empower you.
DAY 2 – HOME SPA DAY
Can’t go to the spa? Bring the spa to you.
Gather all your skin care, hair care, and hygiene essentials and treat yourself to a spa day.
EASY THINGS YOU CAN DO IN YOUR “SPA DAY”:
- Exfoliate your face.
- Put on a soothing moisturizer.
- Cleanse your face.
- Put on a 10 minute mask and close your eyes.
- Try a hair mask.
- Have a bubble bath.
- Take a long and relaxing shower with music playing in the background.
DAY 3 – GET LOST IN WORDS
Self-care is all about improving yourself, growing, and learning.
And what a better way to do this than by connecting with the mind of great authors/writers? Whether it’s a book or a blog post, find a piece of writing that you’re interested in reading, and fully dive in!
FUN READING IDEAS:
- Read 20 pages of your favorite book.
- Start a brand new book and read 10 pages of it.
- Read a blog post on topics that interest you.
- Read the Bible – here are 5 reasons why you should and here are 10 fun ways how to!
DAY 4 – MOVE YOUR BODY
I don’t know about you, but exercising is one of my favorite ways to take care of myself! Not only is exercise good for your physical health, but it’s good for your mental health as well. So when practicing self-care, exercise is a must!
Whether you’re someone who likes to workout or not, take one hour today to EXERCISE and move your body.
FUN & EFFECTIVE WAYS YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BODY ACTIVE:
- If you have a membership, go to the gym for an hour.
- Workout at the comfort of your home – here’s how to successfully workout at home!
- Try a Pamela Reif workout on YouTube.
- Start a fun fitness challenge – check out my fitness challenges here!
- Use your household items to exercise – here’s how to use household items as exercise equipment.
- Hate the gym? Here are 12 ways to be active without the gym.
DAY 5 – DECLUTTER CAMERA ROLL
Getting rid of clutter is a great way to organize your life and practice self-care.
Since we typically get rid of clutter in our closet, make up collections, and even art collections, today we will devote time to get rid of clutter from a different place. Take 1-2 hours today to declutter your camera roll!
DECLUTTER ANYTHING IN YOUR CAMERA ROLL THAT:
- Does not bring you any joy.
- Doesn’t have any sentimental value attached to it.
- Is a burden – brings you bad memories.
- Is toxic to the person you are trying to be – it makes you feel bad
- Will not matter in a few years – wouldn’t make a difference if it’s not in your camera roll.
DAY 6 – SET INTENTIONAL GOALS
Living intentionally is the best way to live. And the best way to live an intentional life is to set goals!
Studies say that you’re more likely to achieve a goal if you write it on paper. So, let’s devote time today to set some goals.
TYPES OF GOALS TO SET:
- Fitness goals
- Physical goals
- Spiritual goals
- Financial goals
- Health goals
- Business goals
- Personal goals
If you need a goal setting worksheet, check out The Magical Life Calendar here! Not only will you get a stunning goal setting sheet, but you’ll get three entire printable calendars + many planning sheets for only $10.00!
DAY 7 – SAY A PRAYER
Starting every morning with prayer has been a huge game changer for me! Prayer helps me release all of my worries to God, talk to God about anything going on in my life, and receive his blessing and comfort to start a new day!
When it comes to self-care, there is no one that can take better care of you than God.
So, whether or not you have the habit of praying, take some time today to just talk to God. Don’t stress about how you’re going to pray, because prayer is simply talking to God!
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PRAYERS:
- Supplication prayer: A prayer where you are asking God for a personal request.
- Intercession prayer: A prayer where you pray for others.
- Thanksgiving prayer: A prayer where you are simply thanking God.
- Confession prayer: A prayer where you are confessing and repenting from sins.
- Prayer: A regular prayer is simply a conversation between you and God.
DAY 8 – PAMPER YOURSELF
Even though I am a huge fan of productive self-care activities, I have to admit that it’s important to pamper and treat our bodies in order to perform at our very best, too! So, today is all about pampering yourself to the best of your ability.
FOOLPROOF WAYS TO PAMPER YOURSELF:
- Paint your nails your favorite color.
- Take a nap (this is one of the best ways to recharge!)
- Watch your favorite TV show and just relax.
- Go on an online shopping spree.
Find 105 self-care ideas in the ultimate self-care menu HERE!
DAY 9 – MINI PHOTOSHOOT
Who said you can’t have your own photoshoot at home?
Since I don’t wear makeup often (I only do a full face for special occasions, hehe), I try to make the most out of it when I do.
That usually means that I’ll go around my house + outside of my house looking for the best angles, spots, and lighting to capture the “perfect” photos, haha! Because I’m a content creator and need to have content for my Instagram, this is practically work for me. But, I can’t say that I don’t have absolute fun when I’m shooting!
And if you’re anything like me, you probably love taking photos as well. So, go get glammed up and shoot some photos today!
EASY PHOTO IDEAS:
- Typical bathroom mirror selfie (my personal fave!)
- A selfie
- A mirror selfie to show off your ootd.
- Photo of you taken by someone else.
- A photo outside of your home.
- A n”off-guard” photo of you.
DAY 10 – GO ON A RELAXING WALK
Walking helps release stress while keeping your body active!
Take 1 hour today to unplug yourself from the world and plug yourself to a very relaxing walk!
FUN THINGS YOU CAN DO WHILE WALKING:
- Listen to your favorite song.
- Reflect on life.
- Listen to a motivational podcast.
- Practice a new language.
- Brainstorm new ideas.
You can also try my super easy walking challenge for beginners, here!
DAY 11 – TO JOURNAL OR TO BULLET JOURNAL
Journaling is another great way to release feelings, thoughts, and emotions on to paper. It’s also a great way to be mindful of your day to day activities. If you’ve never practiced journaling before, today’s a good day to start! You don’t have to be eloquent to journal, you just have to write. On the other hand, if you’re more on the creative side, I suggest that you try bullet journaling!
If you want to start a bullet journal, but don’t know what pages to include in it, click here for 20 creative page ideas! And if you need creative bullet journal theme ideas, click here for a massive list of 200 bullet journal themes.
EASY JOURNALING IDEAS:
- Recap your entire day.
- Write down affirmations.
- Write down things you’re grateful for.
DAY 12 – ORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET
Go through your entire closet today! Organize everything you love and set aside anything you don’t wear or want anymore!
Consider donating these clothes or reselling them on eBay. Whatever seems more appropriate to you! 🙂
THINGS TO ORGANIZE:
DAY 13- CREATE A “FEEL GOOD” PLAYLIST
Since music is an excellent mood booster, take some time today to go through songs that make you feel good and create a specific “feel good” playlist. So, every time that you’re feeling down or need a mood booster, listen to this playlist.
“FEEL GOOD SONGS” THAT I LOVE:
- “Let go” By: Hillsong Young & Free
- “The Story’s Not Over” By: Jeremy Camp
- “Wake” By: Hillsong Young & Free
- “Love Won’t Let Me Down” By: Hillsong Young & Free
DAY 14- GRATITUDE HEART DUMP
A grateful heart is a happy heart.
One of the best ways to appreciate life is by appreciating what you have, who you are, and what you have to offer to others. So, I challenge you today to create a list of everything you are grateful for – from little things to big things!
4 THINGS I AM SUPER GRATEFUL FOR:
- My salvation in Christ – I would be lost if I didn’t have a relationship with God.
- The unconditional love and support of my family. They are my pillars.
- My health. I’ve always dealt with health issues growing up, so being healthy means everything to me.
- My blog/business. I found purpose and true passion through blogging.
DAY 15- EATING HEALTHY DAY
Eating healthy is not only good for your physical health, but for your mental health as well.
I’ve noticed that when I eat healthy, my mental health is on point. However, when I eat unhealthy, my mood gets down and depressive thoughts start to kick in. Coincidence? I think not! Healthy food = healthy life
So, challenge yourself to go one full day without eating any processed, fried, sugary, or unhealthy food!
EASY IDEAS TO HELP YOU EAT HEALTHIER TODAY:
- Swap regular milk for almond or oat milk.
- Eat tofu instead of meat.
- Swap peanut butter with almond butter.
- Try plant-based products.
- Have a salad for lunch.
- Drink water with all of your meals today!
DAY 16- SOCIAL MEDIA PURGE
You can’t control what happens on social media, but you can control what you see on your timeline. Take some time today to go through your “following” lists and unfollow accounts that make you unhappy, don’t inspire you, and are purely toxic!
And if you have to unfriend toxic people too, do it!
UNFOLLOW PEOPLE THAT:
- Only post about topics that trigger your mental health.
- Are toxic!
- Only gossip and speak badly of others.
- Don’t inspire you or have a positive effect on you.
DAY 17- LAUGH IT OUT
Because laughter is a great medicine for the soul, I challenge you to LAUGH as much as you can today.
Seriously, take some time today to SEEK humor.
EASY WAYS TO LAUGH:
- Watch funny Tiktoks.
- Watch funny videos on YouTube.
- Read funny jokes online.
- Surround yourself with humorous people.
DAY 18- STRETCH YOUR BODY
Loosen up your muscles, improve your flexibility, and relax your body by treating your body to a good stretching session!
Look up stretching or ya videos on YouTube and follow along for 30 minutes.
GOOD STRETCHING EXERCISES:
- Triceps stretch
- Butterfly stretch
- Knee to chest stretch
- Quad stretch
- Cat-cow stretch
- Back extension stretch
- Downward dog stretch
DAY 19- ADMIRE NATURE
Go outside today and enjoy nature!
EASY WAYS TO ENJOY NATURE:
- Look at the clouds..
- Breathe fresh air.
- Hug trees.
- Go on a picnic
- Look at the stars (nighttime)
- Walk on the grass.
DAY 20- LISTEN TO 10 SONGS
Remember that playlist we made the other day? It’s time to put it to good use! Let 10 songs play while you relax!
THINGS TO DO WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC:
- Walk outside.
- Fold laundry.
- Clean countertops.
- Take a shower.
- Put on a face mask.
DAY 21- HYDRATE
Do you drink enough water daily?
If you do, today’s challenge should be a piece of cake. If not, we’re going to change that today!
Today’s challenge is to drink at least 2L of water during the day!
So, make sure you fill up your water bottle(s) in the morning so that you don’t forget to hydrate during the day!
EASY WAYS TO DRINK MORE WATER:
- Use a 2L water bottle.
- Replace all drinks with water.
- Add fruit to your water.
- Set “drink water” timers.
DAY 22- INTERVIEW YOURSELF
Get to know yourself better by answering 73 personal questions about yourself!
You can check out my “vogue 73 questions ” interview here and answer these questions yourself!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
- What is a goal you are determined to achieve in the next 10 years?
- What are the top 5 countries you hope to visit someday?
- If you could eliminate something from the world, what would it be?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Click here for more questions to ask yourself!
DAY 23- SPREAD LOVE
It is better to give than to receive.
Make it your goal to spread love as much as you can (online and in person) today.
EASY WAYS TO SPREAD LOVE:
- Spread likes and comments on Instagram.
- Smile at strangers.
- Call your friends/family to check up on them.
- Share posts on social media.
- Give your friends random shoutouts on social media.
DAY 24- LEARNING DAY
The more you know, the more doors you open. And to me, that is self-care! Care about yourself enough that you’re willing to do whatever it takes to open more doors. Challenge yourself to move outside of your comfort zone to learn something new.
So, whether it’s learning a new language, something new about your career field, or learning something you’ve always been curious about, take a couple of hours today to devote to learning something NEW.
FUN WAYS YOU CAN LEARN SOMETHING NEW:
- Start a course.
- Listen to podcasts.
- Research your topic on google.
- Download Duolingo (to practice a new language)
- Read an educational book.
- Read blog posts.
DAY 25- RELEASE YOUR CREATIVITY
When was the last time you created something? Whether it’s to create a painting Picasso style, play an instrument, knit a beautiful scarf, or write a blog post, I challenge you to let your creative juices flow today!
Take a couple of hours today to CREATE something.
FUN WAYS TO RELEASE YOUR CREATIVITY:
- Create an abstract painting.
- Knit something.
- Draw your favorite celebrity.
- Play an instrument.
- Write a song.
- Create a poem.
- Write a blog post.
- DIY crafts.
DAY 26- NAP TO RECHARGE
Recharging is just as important as hustling.
There is no hustle if you’re worn out, tired, or cranky! So today is all about recharging. Yes, you read that right! You have my “permission” to take a two hour long nap guilt-free, today. And bonus points if you’re able to go to bed early!
EASY WAYS TO RECHARGE:
- Go to bed earlier.
- Take a nap during the day.
- Sleep in during the weekends.
- Take a break from social media for a day.
- Create a bedtime routine.
DAY 27- REPEAT POWERFUL AFFIRMATIONS
Speak a positive, prosperous, and happy life into existence. Take a moment to find powerful affirmations that resonate with you, write them down, and repeat them aloud as many times as you need to!
If you need 50 powerful biblical affirmations, click here!
And if you need 10 simple affirmations to repeat daily, click here!
POWERFUL AFFIRMATIONS TO REPEAT:
- I am worthy of living a successful life.
- I will not be defeated by negative thoughts.
- Happiness is not far away from me.
- I am capable of achieving all of my goals.
DAY 28- SOCIAL MEDIA FREE DAY
It’s time for a little social media detox!
I challenge you to completely unplug yourself from all social media today.
Take this whole day to live your life, have real interactions, and make memories that go beyond your phone.
SOCIAL MEDIA UNPLUGGING ACTIVITIES:
- Avoid checking your phone as soon as you wake up.
- Eat your meals without using social media.
- Put your phone away one hour before going to bed.
- Don’t take your phone with you to the bathroom.
DAY 29- GO ON A DATE WITH…… YOURSELF
Whether you’re single or in a relationship, it’s important that you prioritize your happiness! You don’t have to be asked out on a date in order to have fun or do the things you like. You can have a great time doing the things you love, with company or alone.
So, do something different today and take yourself out on a date! Or have a fun at-home date with yourself. Whatever works for you. The important thing is to have fun without having to rely on someone else.
FUN THINGS YOU CAN DO ALONE:
- Go to your favorite restaurant.
- Order your favorite food and watch your favorite movie.
- Create beautiful paintings.
- Binge watch your favorite TV show.
- Go for a long walk.
- Take a soothing bubble bath.
DAY 30- PLAN A MAGICAL LIFE
To complete this 30 day self-care challenge, I want you to plan a magical life for yourself.
Take some time today to reflect on what you want in life, where you want to be, and what you need to do in order to get there.
And if you don’t have a planner, calendar, or planning sheets, you can purchase The Magical Life Calendar here to organize your life, set goals, and plan a magical life!
More Posts You May Like:
- Self-Care Menu: The 105 Best Self-Care Ideas.
- 50 Simple Self-Care Ideas For Hard Days.
- The 30 Best Habits For A Happy Life.
- 10 Daily Habits That Will Help Improve Your Mental Health.
Congrats, you’ve completed this 30-day self-care challenge! And if you haven’t yet, what are you waiting for? Invest in yourself by practicing self-care! I hope you find this self-care challenge helpful and feel refreshed after completing it! What self-care activity did you like the most? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,
LET’S STAY CONNECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA!