50 Biblical Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
Are you the type of person who always finds themselves typing “positive affirmations” in a search bar? Perhaps, you’re trying to be more intentional with your thoughts and words. Or you’re looking for powerful phrases that can drastically transform your life. Or simply, you enjoy repeating positive affirmations to help you overcome negative thoughts. While regular affirmations are powerful, they are not enough to change our lives because they are based on our own strength. Meanwhile, biblical affirmations are not based on us, but on God. And unlike us, God’s strength is powerful, unconditional, and ENOUGH to change the course of our lives. Which is why, I have compiled a list of 50 biblical affirmations that will help you overcome negative thoughts, be more intentional, and change your life.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
WHAT ARE AFFIRMATIONS?
Affirmations are statements (powerful words put together) that are meant to affect your behavior and the course of your life in a positive way. The goal of repeating affirmations is to change your way of thinking (go from being negative to positive), change your habits, and create a better life.
ALL KINDS OF AFFIRMATIONS
There are thousands and thousands of affirmations. And there are affirmations for almost anything!
If your search “affirmations” on Pinterest a whole bunch of images with different kinds of affirmations will pop up (like in the image below).
There are affirmations for manifesting, life-changing affirmations, affirmations for peace of mind, affirmations for women, affirmations to boost your confidence, and so on!
As you can see, affirmations are a big deal and many people believe in them!
I even have a post with 10 affirmations you should tell yourself everyday (click here to check it out!)
AFFIRMATIONS ARE NOT ENOUGH?
Although I strongly believe that words are powerful and can impact your life, I don’t think simple affirmations are enough to entirely change your life around.
Affirmations can help you change your mindset, get rid of negative thoughts, and train your mind. Which is excellent and definitely necessary! But, they can also be misleading.
WHAT ARE AFFIRMATIONS BASED ON?
Like I said before, affirmations are based on YOUR strength, on what YOU can do, and what YOU are capable of doing. Do you see the pattern here? Regular affirmations depend on you.
If regular affirmations (that depend on you) tend to be quite effective, can you imagine how much more powerful affirmations would be if they were based on God’s Word?
Now that’s what I call powerful affirmations.
INTRODUCING BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS
Depending on yourself is necessary, but depending on God is life-changing.
- God is not human to lie, fail, disappoint, or mislead you.
- God cares about you (after all, he created you!)
- Your own strength is not sufficient.
- God has the power to change your life.
This is why biblical affirmations are more powerful than regular affirmations. They don’t depend on your strength, but on God’s strength.
ACTIVATE GOD’S PROMISES BY REPEATING BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS
God has left us thousands of promises in the Bible.
Promises that we have to activate by affirming them and believing in them.
And what better way to do this than by repeating affirmations entirely inspired by the Bible?
So, if you’re tired of relying on your own strength and want to start depending on God’s strength, below I am sharing 50 powerful biblical affirmations that you can cling on to!
SAVE FOR LATER!
50 POWERFUL BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOU!
Below you’ll find 50 biblical affirmations and the exact Bible verse(s) this affirmation was inspired by.
1. God comforts me in all tribulations.
In the Bible: 2 Corinthians (1) 3-4
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
4. Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2. I am sufficient in God.
In the Bible: 2 Corinthians (3) 5
5. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God.
3. I will not fear evil.
In the Bible: Psalm 23: 4
4. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
4. My voice is heard by God.
In the Bible: Psalm 116:1-2
1. I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications.
2. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
5. God is my helper.
In the Bible: Psalm 121: 1-2
1. I will lift up my eyes to the hills – From whence comes my help?
2. My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.
6. I will not be moved.
In the Bible: Psalm 125:1
1. Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which not be moved, but abides forever.
7. God makes me strong.
In the Bible: Psalm 138:3
3. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.
8. God rescues me from trouble.
In the Bible: Psalm 138:7
7. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; You will stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand will save me.
9. God heals my wounds.
In the Bible: Psalm 147: 3
3. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
10. My soul finds joy in God.
In the Bible: Psalm 35: 9
9. And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.
11. God will make my dreams come true.
In the Bible: Psalm 37: 4
4. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
12. God is my strength.
In the Bible: Psalm 37: 39
39. But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.
13. My steps are established by God.
In the Bible: Psalm 40: 2
2. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.
14. God is always present in my life.
In the Bible: Psalm 46: 1-2
1. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.
15. Be still, my heart.
In the Bible: Psalm 46: 10
10. Be still, and know that I am God.
16. God will guide me forever.
In the Bible: Psalm 48: 14
14. For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.
17. I will trust in God.
In the Bible: Psalm 56: 3-4
3. Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
4. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?
18. My soul only waits in God.
In the Bible: Psalm 62: 5-7
5. My Soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.
6. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.
7. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
19. I am blessed with every spiritual blessing.
In the Bible: Ephesians 1: 3
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
20. I am forgiven.
In the Bible: Ephesians 1: 7
7. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness o sins, according to the riches of his grace.
21. My heart and mind have peace.
In the Bible: Philippians 4: 7
7. The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
22. I am chosen by God.
In the Bible: Ephesians 1: 4
4. Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.
23. I am complete in God.
In the Bible: Colossians 2:10
10. You are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
24. I find rest in God.
In the Bible: Hebrews 4: 9
9. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
25. When I am weak, I am strong.
In the Bible: 2 Corinthians 12: 10
10. Therefore I take pleasures in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
26. God wants me to prosper in all things.
In the Bible: 3 John 1:2
2. Beloved , I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
27. I trust in God’s timing.
In the Bible: Ecclesiastes 3:1
- To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.
28. I can see beauty in everything.
In the Bible: Ecclesiastes 3:11
1. He has made everything beautiful in its time.
29. I will enjoy the good in my life.
In the Bible: Ecclesiastes 3:12-13
12. I know that nothing is better for them to rejoice, and to do good in their lives,
13. and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor – it is the gift of God.
MORE POWERFUL BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS TO GIVE YOU HOPE….
30. I am loved.
In the Bible: Isaiah 43: 4
4. Since you are precious in My sight, you have been honored, And I have loved you.
31. I take comfort in belonging to God.
In the Bible: Isaiah 43:1
1. But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine.
32. My past does not define me.
In the Bible: Isaiah 43:18-19
18. Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old.
19. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness.
33. I will not be ashamed.
In the Bible: Isaiah 54:4
4. Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; neither be disgraced for you will not be put to shame.
34. God’s mercy won’t abandon me.
In the Bible: Isaiah 54:10
10. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
35. I will be guided continually.
In the Bible: Isaiah 58: 11
11. The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall me like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
36. God is my eternal light.
In the Bible: Isaiah 60: 19-20
19. The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; but the Lord will be to you an everlasting light, and your God your glory,
20. Your sun shall no longer go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself; For the Lord will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.
37. God answers my prayers.
In the Bible: Mark 11: 24
24. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
38. My heart is happy.
In the Bible: Psalm 16: 9
9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope.
39. God is my healer.
In the Bible: Jeremiah 17: 14
14. Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
40. I have found life in God.
In the Bible: Proverbs 8: 35
35. For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord.
41. God comforts my anxiety.
In the Bible: Psalm 94: 19
19. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, your comforts delights my soul.
42. God has great plans for me.
In the Bible: Jeremiah 29:11
11. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
43. I am blessed.
In the Bible: Psalm 84: 4
4. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they will still be praising you.
44. God always saves me.
In the Bible: Psalm 55: 16
16. As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me.
45. I walk by faith.
In the Bible: 2 Corinthians 5:7
7. For we walk by faith, not by sight.
46. God will keep me in perfect peace.
In the Bible: Isaiah 26:3
3. You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
47. Nothing is impossible for me.
In the Bible: Matthew 17: 20
20: If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
48. I will not give up.
In the Bible: Galatians 6:9
9. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
49. I find joy in God’s mercy.
In the Bible: Psalm 31: 7
7. I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy, for you have considered my trouble; you have known my soul in adversities.
50. I am strong and courageous.
In the Bible: Proverbs 8: 35
9. Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
FREE 50 POWERFUL BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS PRINTABLE!
I created a free printable with the 50 powerful biblical affirmations I shared above so that you can keep these biblical affirmations with you forever! Simply download this printable + refer to this printable every time you need to repeat some affirmations!
Do you want this printable? Enter your email + name below to receive the password to my resource library! You’ll find this printable among many other printables (that you can download!)
More Posts You May Like:
- 10 Affirmations To Tell Yourself Everyday.
- How To Find Peace During Difficult Times.
- Top 10 Christian Songs For Your Soul.
- 12 Encouraging Bible Verses About Hope.
In all honesty, I could list about 100 more biblical affirmations, but I’ll leave them for another time, haha! I hope you enjoyed these biblical affirmations and will begin repeating them and believing in them! Tell me, which biblical affirmation did you love the most?
Much love always,