New decade. New year. New month. New theme. New layout. New everything! I am so thrilled to be back to welcome 2020 with you all in the best way I know possible – blogging! I know I’m 11 days late, but I literally couldn’t come on here for the past two weeks. Long story short: BlueHost, my previous host, deactivated my blog after malware was found on my website (yep, I was hacked!) They were so unhelpful that I honestly lost my hope of preserving this website. I literally saw one year worth of blogging go down the drain. Thankfully, my new host, Skystra, kindly reached out to me on Twitter and helped me save, clean, transfer and activate my site again in a matter of hours! So, here I am back and ready to share NEW content with you all!
DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
2019 was a big year for me in EVERY sense and it honestly wouldn’t have been the same if I wouldn’t have started 2019 with such a hungry, passionate and motivated heart! I kicked off the year making plans, setting goals and creating NEW habits! And guess what? I was able to accomplish more in 2019 than I did in 3-4 years.
Now, by no means am I saying that 2019 was a perfect year. If anything, it was a very difficult one. However, 2019 wasn’t just another year, it was a year of many achievements and growth. I planed for success, I showed up and I can happily say that I did NOT end 2019 the same way I started it. I started 2019 as a newbie blogger and an unemployed college student looking for purpose. However, I ended 2019 as a college graduate, a proud car owner, a A/R in a company that I love, and a blogger with many goals, dreams, plans and purpose!
I am grateful for everything that I have been able to accomplish in 2019 and I am so ready to tackle another year (with God’s help of course!) How about YOU?
Are you ready to kick start 2020? I know we are already a few days in…..but hey there are still many days left to make 2020 an unforgettable year! And if you don’t know where to begin, here are 50 ways you can start the new year on a positive note!
1. Deep clean your room: make your bed (new year, new spreads), vacuum or sweep the floors, and empty out your trash can.
2. Declutter your clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories (set aside anything you don’t like/use anymore to either throw away or donate!)
3. Re-organize your bedroom’s closet & drawers (try using the KonMari Method to organize your clothes in a very neat manner!)
4. Clean and re-organize your vanity and make up!
5. Set up your night stand.
6. Deep clean your bathroom: throw away old products (replace tooth brushes, mouth wash, soap etc), organize cabinets, clean the tub, scrub the sink, and disinfect all areas.
7. Clean your kitchen: clean counters/cabinets, put away dishes, wash out sink, disinfect all areas, clean the outside and inside of appliances (ex: microwave) and throw away trash.
8. Create a Pinterest worthy Pantry! (Remove outdated products and make a list of what needs to be restocked!)
9. Clean out your fridge.
10. Clean & organize your living room: wipe down window/tables/cabinets, and add new decor.
11. Go through cabinets and closets around your house and organize them!
12. Add new decor around your house.
13. Rearrange your furniture..
14. Clean and organize your office/workspace.
15. Create a list of household items you need to buy & restock.
16. Buy a planner or create a planner to use for the year!
17. Set goals for the year.
18. Create a vision board.
19. Start a bullet journal.
20. Write down 20 affirmations.
21. Create a gratitude list.
22.. Establish a fitness plan.
23. Create new playlists.
24. Create a budget.
25 Go through your inbox and clean out your emails (I need to do this right now!!)
26. Unsubscribe from emails.
27. Organize your computer files.
28. Create new folders to organize your files.
29. Delete unwanted files and make space for new files.
30. Declutter your phone: delete unnecessary apps and photos.
31. Clean out your car.
32. Change your phone’s screen saver and your computer’s background.
33. Update your bio and profile pictures on all of your social media accounts.
34. Go through your followers lists and unfollow toxic/inactive/spam accounts.
35. Go shopping for new wardrobe, groceries and household items (hello after-holiday sales!)
36. Choose books to read during the year.
37. Choose 12 Bible books to read during the year (Ex: Hebrews on January, Proverbs on February) I’ll be sharing my list in a future post!
38. Create a food calendar for the first month.
39. Respond to all texts, dms, and mentions.
40. Organize bills, statements, and receipts.
41. Download NEW apps***
42. Start a devotional or a reading plan.
43. Start a 30-day challenge.
44. Create a recipe book (if you don’t have your own recipes, look for recipes online!)
45. Buy a piggy bank to start saving money!
46. Fill out a calendar with your plans and events for the year.
47. Plan meals for the next month.
48. Write and schedule blog posts for the next few months.
49. Create and schedule content for social media.
50. Complete unfinished projects.
- New theme/layout: If you have been following along, you may have noticed that I have made some exciting tweaks on the blog. I purchased a brand new theme and I have created a new blog post template for 2020!
- Posting schedule: I will no longer be posting on Tuesdays. From now on, I will be posting new content on Saturdays.
Until next time,