While the start of the year is stressful due to the uncertainty of what the new year holds, it is the perfect time to kick-start your life! There is not a better time to get rid of toxic habits, create new goals, and hit the restart button than at the beginning of the year. If for whatever reason last year wasn’t your year, it’s time to change things around this year. So, whether you’re trying to really change your life around this year or are looking for new life changing habits to add to your daily routine, below I’m sharing 50 creative ways to kick-start the new year.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
BLOG UPDATE – SWITCHING HOSTS
I know I’m 11 days late, but I literally couldn’t come on here for the past two weeks.
Long story short: BlueHost, my previous host, deactivated my blog after malware was found on my website (yep, I was hacked!) They were so unhelpful that I honestly lost my hope of preserving this website. Thankfully, my new host, Skystra, kindly reached out to me on Twitter and helped me save, clean, transfer and activate my site again in a matter of hours!
If you want to read the full story of how Skystra saved my blog, click here!
SAVE FOR LATER!
2019 was a big year for me in EVERY sense and it honestly wouldn’t have been the same if I wouldn’t have started 2019 with such a hungry, passionate and motivated heart! I kicked off the year making plans, setting goals and creating NEW habits!
And guess what? I was able to accomplish more in 2019 than I did in 3-4 years.
YEAR OF ACHIEVEMENTS
Now, by no means am I saying that 2019 was a perfect year.
If anything, it was a very difficult one. However, 2019 wasn’t just another year, it was a year of many achievements and growth.
I planed for success, showed up and can happily say that I did NOT end 2019 the same way I started it.
I started 2019 as a newbie blogger and an unemployed college student looking for purpose. But, I ended 2019 as a college graduate, a proud car owner, an A/R in a company that I love, and a blogger with many goals, dreams, plans and purpose!
WELCOMING 2020 ON A HAPPY NOTE
I am grateful for everything that I have been able to accomplish in 2019 and I am so ready to tackle another year (with God’s help of course!) Are you ready to kick-start the new year, too?
I know we are already a few days in…..but hey there are still many days left to make 2020 an unforgettable year!
Listen, it’s NEVER too late to kick-start your life! So, what do you say that we make this year an unforgettable one?
50 WAYS YOU CAN KICK-START THE NEW YEAR:
1. Deep clean your room.
Make your bed (new year, new spreads), vacuum or sweep the floors, and empty out your trash can.
2. Declutter your entire closet.
So your clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories (set aside anything you don’t like/use anymore to either throw away or donate!)
3. Re-organize your bedroom’s closet & drawers!
(try using the KonMari Method to organize your clothes in a very neat manner!)
4. Vanity + make up clean up.
Clean and re-organize your vanity and make up!
5. Set up your night stand.
6. Deep clean your bathroom.
Throw away old products (replace tooth brushes, mouth wash, soap etc), organize cabinets, clean the tub, scrub the sink, and disinfect all areas.
7. Clean your kitchen.
Clean counters/cabinets, put away dishes, wash out sink, disinfect all areas, clean the outside and inside of appliances (ex: microwave) and throw away trash.
8. Spice up your pantry.
Create a Pinterest worthy Pantry! (Remove outdated products and make a list of what needs to be restocked!)
9. Clean out your fridge.
10. Organize cabinets and closets.
Go through cabinets and closest around your house and organize them!
11. Clean & organize your living room.
Wipe down windows/tables/cabinets, and add new decor.
12. Add new decor around your house.
13. Rearrange your furniture.
14. Clean and organize your office/workspace.
15. Create a list of household items you need to buy & restock.
16. Set up a planner.
Buy a planner or create a planner to use for the year!
17. Set goals for the year.
Make a list of short and long term goals.
18. Create a vision board.
19. Start a bullet journal.
Need bullet journal theme ideas? Click here for 200 creative theme ideas organized by colors.
20. Write down 20 affirmations.
21. Create a gratitude list.
22. Establish a fitness plan.
Learn how to create an effective workout plan here!
23. Create new playlists.
24. Email clean up!
Go through your inbox and clean out your emails (I need to do this right now!!)
25. Create a budget.
26. Unsubscribe from emails.
27. Organize your computer files.
28. Create new folders to organize your files.
29. Delete unwanted files and make space for new files.
30. Declutter your phone.
Delete unnecessary apps and photos.
31. Clean out your car.
32. Change your phone’s screen saver and your computer’s background.
33. Do a little social media update!
Update your bio and profile pictures on all of your social media accounts.
34. Unfollow spree.
Go through your followers lists and unfollow toxic/inactive/spam accounts.
Shop new wardrobe, groceries and household items (hello after-holiday sales!)
36. Pick books to read during the year.
37. Choose 12 Bible books to read during the year.
For example, you can choose to read Hebrews in January and Proverbs inn February.
Here’s the list of books I’m reading this year!
38. Create a food calendar for the first month.
39. Respond to all texts, dms, and mentions.
40. Organize bills, statements, and receipts.
41. Download NEW apps***
42. Start a devotional or a reading plan.
43. Begin a challenge.
Need a challenge to follow? Click here for fun challenges!
44. Create a recipe book.
And if you don’t have your own recipes, look for recipes online!)
45. Buy a piggy bank to start saving money!
46. Fill out a calendar with your plans and events for the year.
47. Plan meals for the next month.
48. Write and schedule blog posts for the next few months.
49. Create and schedule content for social media.
50. Complete unfinished projects.
CHANGES ON THE BLOG
- New theme/layout: If you have been following along, you may have noticed that I have made some exciting tweaks on the blog. I purchased a brand new theme and I have created a new blog post template for 2020!
- Posting schedule: I will no longer be posting on Tuesdays. From now on, I will be posting new content on Fridays.
Until next time,