7 Convenient Places To Workout In | Pros And Cons
Who ever said that good workouts were only supposed to happen at the gym? No one ever. In order to have a successful workout, you need to rely on your performance, not your workout location. The place you choose to workout in should enhance your workout, not be the core of it. So, if you don’t like going to the gym, please know that you can still have great workouts in other places. Although there isn’t a more suitable place to workout in than the gym, there are a couple of other places where you can still have a killer workout session. So, if you’re looking for new places to workout in, below I’m going to share 7 convenient places to workout in and the pros and cons of each workout location!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
SAVE THESE 7 CONVENIENT PLACES TO WORKOUT IN FOR LATER!
7 CONVENIENT PLACES TO WORKOUT IN
1. THE GYM
The most popular and suitable location of them all: the GYM.
It’s clear that the gym is the home of all things fitness and the happy place of all fitness enthusiastics.
PROS OF WORKING OUT AT THE GYM:
- The variety of equipment and machines you can use.
- You can do workouts with and without equipment.
- The availability of personal trainers to train with.
- The best environment to workout in.
- Loads of fitness inspiration everywhere.
- There is a lot of space to workout in.
- You can create new gym buddies.
CONS OF WORKING OUT AT THE GYM:
- Monthly membership fees.
- The cost of traveling to and from the gym.
- Time it takes to travel to the gym and back home.
- The gym is crowded at certain times.
- There is little to no privacy.
- It’s easy to compare yourself to others.
2. AT HOME
The most convenient and comfortable location to workout in: HOME sweet home.
PROS OF WORKING OUT AT HOME:
- You save time traveling to and from the gym.
- It is convenient.
- You save money on membership fees.
- There is no pressure to exercise or look a certain way.
- You have privacy (you’re not being watched!)
- You have flexibility to workout at your own pace and at whatever time.
- The weather has no effect on your workouts (no snow days!)
- You can use your computer or TV to follow YouTube workouts.
CONS OF WORKING OUT AT HOME:
- Depending on the size of your home, your space is limited.
- You can easily distracted (if you’re not strict)
- Unless you buy equipment or create your own exercise equipment , you can only do body workouts.
- It is easy to get discouraged.
- There is no one to motivate you or how you accountable.
If you want to have successful at home workouts, you may find these posts helpful:
- How To Have A Successful At Home Workout.
- How To Stay Motivated To Consistently Workout At Home.
- At Home Workout Place Basics For Beginners
- How To Design An Effective At-Home Workout Routine
- Top 8 Benefits Of Working Out At Home
3. THE PARK
The most nature-feel location to get an effective workout in with lots of Vitamin-D: the PARK
PROS OF WORKING OUT AT THE PARK
- The amount of space that’s available.
- You can breathe fresh air (this is great for your mind!)
- You can take advantage of the free sunlight to get some Vitamin-D.
- The environment is relaxing.
- Nature vibes.
- The park is perfect for walks.
- The scenery is beautiful.
- Grass resistance (makes workouts harder and more effective)
- You can use benches, pull up bars, and other equipment available at the park.
- Going to the park is free.
CONS OF WORKING OUT AT THE PARK
- It can get pretty crowded (especially on certain occasions)
- The park is a public place, so there’s little privacy!
- If it’s snowing or raining, you can’t workout.
- You can’t escape from bugs.
- The grass can also be dangerous because it’s not a flat ground. You can get injured if you’re not careful!
4. THE BEACH
The location with the most stunning view and relaxing vibe of them all: the BEACH.
PROS OF WORKING OUT AT THE BEACH
- The scenery is absolutely beautiful.
- You can get receive of vitamin-D while working out.
- You can get a tan while working out. Win-win! (:
- The resistance from the sand makes workouts harder and more effective.
- You can use a beach ball for exercises.
- An empty beach = more space!
- Working out at the beach is free.
CONS OF WORKING OUT AT THE BEACH
- You can easily get dirty with sand.
- The sand makes it harder to workout.
- The beach can get crowded on special occasions.
- Since the beach is a public place, there is no privacy!
- The sand can make ground workouts very uncomfortable.
- Unless you live near a beach, you spend money a lot of money on gas!
- Too much sunlight exposure.
- If the weather is not in your favor (too hot, cold, snowing, or raining), you can’t workout.
5. A HOTEL
The best alternative when you’re traveling and have no gym options: your HOTEL room.
You don’t have to skip a workout just because you’re on vacation 🙂
PROS OF WORKING OUT IN A HOTEL ROOM
- The room temperature is just perfect.
- Great scenery.
- Relaxing environment.
- Convenient alternative during trips.
- There is no extra cost to workout in your hotel room.
- You can follow YouTube workout videos (there’s always free wifi!)
CONS OF WORKING OUT IN A HOTEL ROOM
- There is not enough space to exercise in.
- You can’t make much noise, so you have to avoid any jumping exercises.
- There are no equipment or machines you can use.
6. POOL SIDE
The perfect combo of beautiful scenery, water and a solid ground to workout in: POOL side.
PROS OF WORKING OUT AT POOL SIDE:
- Beautiful scenery.
- You can use the pool for water exercises.
- You can exercise on a solid ground.
- There is plenty of sunlight.
- You can receive fresh air.
CONS OF WORKING OUT AT POOL SIDE:
- You have to be careful to not fall into the pool (especially if you don’t know how to swim – seriously)
- There’s not enough space to workout in.
- There is too much sunlight exposure.
- Weather inconvenience (too hot, cold, or raining!)
7. IN YOUR BACKYARD
The most convenient outdoor location to workout in: your BACKYARD.
PROS OF WORKING OUT IN YOUR BACKYARD:
- You can make the best use of your backyard.
- You can get some sunlight while exercising.
- Grass resistance makes workout harder and more effective.
- You don’t have to travel anywhere to workout.
- Working out in your backyard is completely free.
- Since your backyard is private, you have privacy!
- You can easily go for a walk, jog and a run
CONS OF WORKING OUT IN YOUR BACKYARD:
- Weather inconvenience (too hot, cold, or raining).
- You have to be extra careful when working out on grass since it’s not a solid ground.
More Posts You May Like:
- 12 Ways To Be Active Without Going To The Gym.
- Top 8 Benefits of Working Out At Home.
- At Home Workout Plan Basics For Beginners.
- 100 Bodyweight Exercises to Try.
I hope you enjoyed this post and all of the workout locations mentioned above! Let me know in the comments below which place you like to workout in?
Until next time,