Whether you’re working a 9-5, running a business, taking classes, or raising kids, having a successful morning routine is key. Productive days start with a solid morning routine! Yep, you read that right. As delightful as it is to sleep in (um the older I get, the more I love my sleep haha!), I’ve noticed that I am more productive and happy on days where I start my mornings early and practice healthy morning routine habits. There’s just something about using the first hours of the day right that makes your day better, brighter, and more productive. So, if you have been struggling to come up with an effective morning routine, below I am sharing the 80 best morning routine ideas that you can use to create a routine for yourself.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
WHY MORNING ROUTINES ARE IMPORTANT & NECESSARY
Before we get into the post, I want to share some of my favorite quotes that pretty much summarize the importance of morning routines!
“Morning is an important time of the day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” – Daniel Handler
“Lose an hour in the morning and you will spend all day looking for it.” – Richard Whately
“In the morning a man walks with his whole body; in the evening, only his legs.” – J.B. Priestley
“Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
80 BEST MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS FOR PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE
SAVE THESE IDEAS FOR LATER!
20 MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS FOR YOUR MIND
Here are 20 morning activities that will help improve your mindset throughout the day!
1) Write down and repeat 3 powerful affirmations.
2) Close your eyes and simply breathe for 5 minutes.
3) Look at yourself in the mirror and smile.
4) Write down one thing you’re grateful for.
5) Or, create a gratitude list.
6) Read 10 pages of a book.
7) Spend the first hour of the day away from your phone.
8) Listen to a motivational podcast for 30 minutes.
9) Create a poem on how you’re feeling.
10) Create a drawing to illustrate how you’re feeling.
11) Or if you’re feeling more adventurous, create a small 5×7 painting!
12) Search for motivational quotes on Pinterest.
13) Write down a powerful quote and keep it with you throughout the day.
14) Create a mini vision board for the month.
15) Go to the mirror and repeat a powerful affirmation.
16) Do a puzzle.
17) Research a topic you’re interested on.
18) Think about positive things.
19) Release a negative thought from your head on to paper and let it go.
20) Set an intention for the day.
15 MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS TO BOOST YOUR MOOD
The next 15 morning habits will help boost your mind!
21) Listen to your favorite feel-good song.
22) Do a dance workout. I love Pamela Reif’s and Mad’s dance workouts!
23) Get some sunlight and fresh air.
24) Open up your journal and write whatever comes to mind.
25) Watch a Youtube video (only one though, so choose wisely!)
26) Take a shower while jamming to your favorite music.
27) Watch the sunrise.
28) Watch 20 minutes of your favorite Netflix show while having breakfast.
29) Try an easy DIY.
30) Start a morning challenge.
31) Try bullet journaling.
If you’re a beginner, you can refer to these bullet journal posts:
RELATED POST: 200 Bullet Journal Themes Organized By Colors
RELATED POST: 20 Creative Bullet Journal Page Ideas
32) Do some crafts.
33) Plan a dream vacation.
34) Create a list of your best memories.
35) Put on some make up and do your hair!
20 HEALTHY MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS
If you’re looking for morning habits that will help improve your physical and mental health, these 20 habits are for you!
36) Start your day with a sweaty workout.
37) Go for a 20-minute walk.
38) Stretch your body.
39) Drink a smoothie.
40) Make a nutritious breakfast.
41) Drink a glass of water. Bonus: Add lemon!
42) Eat a fruit.
43) Whiten your teeth.
44) Try oil pulling.
45) Practice skin-care.
46) Do a face mask.
47) Try a hair mask.
48) Drink vitamins.
49) Take collagen supplements.
50) Eat 10 almonds.
51) Create a meal plan.
52) Plan your workouts.
53) Brush your teeth.
54) Drink a cup of tea.
55) Wash your face.
10 MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS FOR A HEALTHY SOUL
The next 10 habits are great for your soul!
56) Pray to God.
57) Read the daily bible verse on the Bible app.
58) Read a portion of scripture and write down some notes.
59) Praise God with a worship song. If you’re looking for good christian songs to listen to, check out this post!
RELATED POST: 100 Best Christian Songs To Listen To
60) Pray for someone you love.
61) Call a loved one.
62) Watch a sermon on YouTube.
63) Write down a bible verse in your journal daily.
64) Practice biblical affirmations.
65) Read a devotional.
15 MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS FOR THE GIRL BOSS
If you’re a girl boss looking for habits that will help you excel in your business, these next 15 habits are for you!
66) Plan out your entire day.
67) Make your bed.
68) Set goals for the day.
69) Dress to impress yourself 😉
70) Organize your workspace.
71) Get ahead on your work.
72) Do a lesson in an online course.
73) Practice a new language.
74) Fill in your planner.
75) Update your budget.
76) Clean our your inbox.
77) Unsubscribe to emails.
78) Brainstorm business ideas.
79) Engage on social media.
80) Work on a project: write a book, create a blog, film a youtube video, create a product, etc!
More Posts You May Like
- 100 Girl Boss Habits To Urgently Develop This Year
- 50 Best Positive Affirmations To Improve Your Mindset
- Self-Care Menu: The 105 Best Self-Care Ideas
- 30 Ideas To Help You Build A Perfect Morning Routine
Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, I hope you found these morning routine ideas helpful! Which ideas are you going to be adding to your morning routine? What are some morning habits that you have? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,