Taking advantage of the hype of a new year, new goals, intentions, etc – I’d like to make you more conscious about your bible time. Just like it’s important to improve our fitness, eating, working and other personal habits this year, it’s important to improve our spiritual habits. One of the most important spiritual habits a person could have is reading God’s word – the Bible.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
WHY SHOULD YOU READ THE BIBLE?
1. TO KNOW WHO GOD IS
One of the greatest ways to know God is through his word. It’s one thing to know about God and another to know God. Sometimes, people misinterpret who God really is because they are carried away by the wrong way that others interpret God.
If you truly want to know who God is – read his word.
2. IT’S GOD’S BOOK
The entire Bible (all 66 books) is inspired by God.
2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.”
3. TO GROW IN FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE
The only way to survive this crazy world we live in is through faith, hope and love.
- Faith – The core of Christianity is faith – without it, there would be no point in reading the Bible or even praying. We must first believe that there is a God who listens, who cares, and who is present at all times before we come before him.
- Hope – The element that strengthens our faith is hope. For faith is not what we currently see, but what we hope we will see. Hope gives us a reason to keep on going.
- Love – Ultimately, love is what ties everything together. We must live life loving God and being loved by God. God’s love is what leads us to having faith and faith leads us to eternal HOPE.
1 Corinthians 13:13 says, “Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.”
These are only three of the many reasons why it’s important to read our bibles. Now, if you’re currently reading this post, you’re already on the right track. You wouldn’t have clicked on this post if you didn’t think it was important to implement some “Bible time” in your life. So, good on you!
That is a very good sign! Wanting change is the first step in achieving change.
With that being said, let’s get to what we all came for. Let me introduce you to the Bible Time Monthly Planner that I have put together for you all!
-> This planner is meant to be used from Monday-Friday.
BIBLE TIME MONTHLY PLANNER PRINTABLE!
I have created a fun printable to help you keep track of your time with scripture every month! If you want to download this free PDF, enter your email below and you’ll get access to this bible time printable PDF and my entire resource library!
Once you sign up, you’ll receive an email with the password to my resource library! Just enter the password and you’ll be able to download this bible time printable and anything in my resource library.
BIBLE TIME MONTHLY PRINTABLE FEATURES :
- Month of _______ : fill out this section with the month you’re currently in.
- Verse of the month : at the beginning of every month, choose a verse to represent that month.
- MON TUES WED THURS FRI: fill in what you will read or how you will read your bible during these five days all month long. EX: On Mondays you can choose to read the book of Psalms, Tuesdays you can study a bible character and only read anything pertaining to that character, Wednesdays you can read 5 different passages in the Bible, etc….. (I will provide ideas on interesting ways to read your bible in upcoming posts)
- Mini Checklist : use this checklist to track down all the days you complete your daily reading goal.
More Posts You May Like:
- 5 Fundamental Reasons To Read the Bible Daily.
- My Entire Bible Collection.
- Bible Study Must-Haves.
- 10 Fun Ways To Read The Bible.
I hope this post will help you improve your bible time this year! May God bless you with faith, hope, and love!
Until next time,