One of my biggest goals this year is to build a strong, centered, and consistent relationship with God. Although I have had multiple seasons of faith, various seasons of doubt, countless seasons of joy, and a couple seasons of frustration, God has remained faithful through it all. I can’t help but feel grateful for all the love, support, and comfort I have received from God over the years. Which is why, my goal is to spend more time reading God’s Word this year. Below, I will be sharing my bible reading plans for the year.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
SAVE MY BIBLE READING PLANS FOR THE YEAR FOR LATER!
FINDING TRUE JOY IN GOD
I have come to the conclusion that the closer I am to God, the happier I am with myself and with the world. It is no coincidence that every time that I devote myself to scripture or prayer, I find this indescribable joy. The kind that I can’t find anywhere else. And don’t get me wrong, I love doing a lot of things in this world. Sometimes I wish there were 10 of me so that each version of me could pursue a different dream of mine, haha!
While all of my passions and hobbies bring me a lot of happiness, they do not give me the kind of peace and joy that God gives me.
GOD’S PEACE SURPASSES EVERYTHING!
The peace and joy that God fills you with is superior than the happiness that any of the pleasures of this world can temporary fill you with. And unless you have experienced God’s true joy, you probably think I am completely insane for saying any of this. Which is okay.
It’s hard to understand (sometimes I can’t even understand) or to try to explain in detail.
As for me, I just want to be able to find this peace and joy daily, whatever it takes.
GETING CLOSER TO GOD
Which is why, I have decided to increase my time with scripture this year.
I know that the best way to get closer to someone is by learning more about them and from them.
In conclusion, if I want to get closer to God, I need to know him better first.
What better way to learn more of God and get closer to him than by reading his Word?
SPIRITUAL GOALS FOR THE YEAR
Below, I will share my goals and plans with the Bible for the year with you all. I am doing this not only to hold myself accountable during the year, but to hopefully inspire others to also make some time to read the Bible and learn more about God.
- Have a firm relationship with God – read scripture, pray, attend church, etc
- Make the best out of my time with God: no distractions and full devotion.
- Read as much as I can of the Bible in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Consistently use four of my Bibles (btw check out my Bible collection here)
- Finish all 12 of my chosen Bible books of the month (see list below!)
- Read the Bible *every* single day (even if it’s just one verse)
- Finish choosing verses for my devotional and hopefully start writing my devotional book (I’ve been working on this for 4 + years)
- Read and study “100 Women from the Bible” book.
- Read the entire Bible in one language?
- Complete various reading plans on the Bible app (at least 2 per month)
- Share the gospel more on my blog and in Church.
BIBLE READING PLANS FOR THE YEAR
READ 12 SPECIFIC BOOKS FROM THE BIBLE:
I have chosen one book from the Bible to read every single month in English and in Spanish. I love focusing on a different book every month.
So, here are the twelve books that I chose:
- January – Ecclesiastes
- February – Titus
- March – Hebrews
- April – Job
- May -Philippians
- June – 2 Samuel
- July – Exodus
- August – Philemon
- September – Judges
- October – Ezra
- November – Revelation
- December – Timothy 1 & 2
I suggest that you try doing this! There are 66 marvelous books to choose from and the year has only started!
THE 4 BIBLES I WILL USE:
Women’s New King James Version
I have chosen to use the Women’s NKJ Study Bible as my main English Bible. So, I will:
- Read all 12 of my chosen books in this Bible.
- Follow reading plans using this Bible.
- Use this Bible for daily readings and bible studies.
Spanish Bible – Reina Valera 1960
I have chosen to use the Reina Valera 1960 Bible de Apuntes (Journaling Bible) as my main Spanish Bible. So I will:
- Read all 12 of my chosen books through this Bible.
- Follow reading plans in Spanish using this Bible.
- Fill up this Bible with notes as I read.
ESV Bible Journaling Bible:
I have chosen to use the ESV Journaling Bible as my journaling Bible. My goal is to:
- Illustrate with words and pictures what I read next to every page I read.
- Finish reading & illustrating at least 4 books. Exodus, Deuteronomy, Matthew and Mark.
NIV Tabs Bible:
-Lastly, I have chosen the NIV Bible as my “tabbing Bible”
My goal is to:
- Use this Bible only to add tabs.
- Add more tabs to both the Old and the New Testament.
- Add more keywords and characters tabs.
I created a little schedule to divide my readings every day in order to read through all of the Bibles shown above. I’m thinking of sharing my schedule on a future post. So, let me know if you guys would be interested in the comments below! I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and are hopefully thinking of adding more scripture time (if any) in your life! Be safe and God bless.
Until next time,