Before the year ends, I want to share with you all my current morning routine! It’s simple, but it has helped me start off my day right immensely! Now, I did not do this routine all throughout 2018 because my schedule was different at the beginning of the year. I actually began this routine in September (at the beginning of fall semester!)
Luckily, fall semester has allowed me to be more flexible with my time more than any other semesters have. It’s truly amazing not having an early morning class. My first class ever in college was an 8:00 A.M Math class. Although I did get an A in that class (Thank God), it was a struggle starting off my mornings with math. Don’t get me wrong…..I love math, but not that early in the morning. I mean, who does? Anyways, this semester I start my classes at 10:00 A.M. What a joy! However, I don’t sleep in till 10:00 A.M. My day actually starts before that time. With that being said, let’s take a look at my morning routine…. (This morning routine applies from Monday – Friday)
DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
8:00 A.M –
- The first of my 5 morning alarms rings!!!!
- It’s time to wake up and begin the day.
8:00-8:10 A.M –
10 Motivational Minutes:
- Watch motivational videos on YouTube or read motivational articles, blogs & quotes online.
- I also quickly check social media/emails during this time.
8:10-8:40 A.M –
Time to get ready:
- Brush my teeth
- Wash my face
- Get dressed
- Do my hair
- Makeup (When I do make-up, I typically only do my eye-makeup. I’ll only do a full face on special occasions and when I do – I’ll wake up earlier to give myself extra minutes!)
8:40-8.50 A.M –
- Make my bed (I change my bedsheets twice a week)
- Prepare my gym bag for the evening (if I didn’t already the night before)
- I quickly have my “pre-breakfast” breakfast:
- I drink water, black tea or chia seed water, take collagen supplements & eat 10 almonds.
8:50-9:10 A.M –
- I go on a twenty-minute morning walk right around my house!
- I listen to some music & enjoy some fresh air!
9:10-9:30 A.M –
Breakfast & Journal:
- Prepare breakfast
- I journal while having breakfast
My Typical Breakfast:
- Loaf of whole wheat bread
- Fruit (usually an apple)
- Baby carrots
- Glass of almond milk (either in a shake or a hot cocoa chocolate)
- Boiled Egg (sometimes)
Well there you have it!
This has been my morning routine for the past months. I don’t know yet how my schedule will be next year, but if it requires me to get up earlier – I will just adjust all of my alarms to an earlier time.
I have set alarms on my phone at 8:00, 8:10, 8:40, 8:50, and 9:10 A.M to help me accomplish all of my morning tasks at the given times. Truthfully, alarms can be really annoying…..but they’re very helpful! If you can’t push yourself on your own, let alarms help you. Talk about using technology for good purposes, ha!
Morning routines are very important. If you don’t have one, I suggest that you create one. Don’t just expect your day to be productive without putting in the work and effort at the beginning of the day. Remember, it all starts in the MORNING. Whatever you do in the morning can either make or break your day. Personally, this morning routine has helped me start off my days right. I’ve realized that the days that I skip this routine aren’t as productive as the days that I follow this routine.
Now, I’m not saying that this routine is the routine that you must follow, because I know that what works best for me may not work best for you. However, what I am suggesting is for you to create a morning routine that will work best with your schedule – a morning routine that will prepare you for the day and help you accomplish your goals.
“If you win the morning, you win the day” -Tim Ferriss
I’d love to learn about your morning routines, as well! Let me know what your morning routine is in the comments below!
Until next time,