Self Care Menu: The 105 Best Self-Care Ideas
Living your best life doesn’t necessarily mean spending thousands on designer clothes, traveling the world, being famous, or even being rich. You can live your best life simply by practicing self-care: taking care of your mental health, happiness, and well-being. If you’re not happy on the inside, whatever you have on the outside won’t matter. Which is why, we can’t talk about healthy and happy living without mentioning self-care. So, whether you’re new to practicing self-care, or are a self-care aficionado, today I will be sharing a self-care menu packed with the 105 very best self care ideas. What kind of self-care will you be having today? Let’s find out, shall we?
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here. My blogging dreams would not be possible without you, so thank you for your continous support. It means the absolute world to me! XO
SAVE THIS SELF-CARE MENU FOR LATER!
Before, I unveil the self-care menu, it’s important to understand what self-care is.
Self-care is simply the act of taking care of one’s well-being, happiness, and health.
SELF-CARE IS NOT SELFISH
For starters, let’s get rid of the mentality that self-care is being selfish because that’s far from the truth. While self-care means taking care of one’s self for self-preservation, it provides benefits not only to the one practicing it, but to those around them as well. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “you can’t pour from an empty cup” before. Well, it’s true. If you’re empty, unhappy, and sick, you can’t give your best to others.
HELP OTHERS BY HELPING YOURSELF
The best way to help others is by helping yourself first.
You can’t take care of someone else if you personally need to be taken care.
Now, please don’t get me wrong. Of course you should always be ready to offer help to others (even if you’re not at your best.)
However, you can help more if you’re personally doing well. If you’re happy, striving, and healthy, you can help others achieve the same by being there for them (your very best self) and by serving them as as an inspiration. A happy version of yourself is more helpful to others than a crabby, tired, depressed, and stressed version of yourself.
Those around you notice when you’re genuinely happy – and that alone is enough to inspire them.
PRACTICING SELF CARE
Although self-care is less complicated than what you think, self-care goes far beyond doing the daily necessities like, eating, sleeping, and practicing hygiene. Self-care is taking that extra step to ensure that your emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual well-being is in check. Whether it’s taking 5 minutes of your day or an hour a day, you can successfully practice self-care by doing something for yourself.
SELF CARE MENU
Because self-care is a must, it’s important to never run out of self-care ideas. Which is why, I have created a self-care menu full of FREE ideas for you. The only currency you need to use to buy something off the self-care menu is your time. Since I know that we all have different schedules and amount of time, I have created a self care menu with over 100 ideas to practice in different amounts of time.
SELF CARE MENU CATEGORIES
There are 8 categories in the self-care menu for all kinds of schedules (:
- Well-Being Drinks: 5 Minutes
- Snacks of Love: 10 Minutes
- Healthy Appetizers: 15 Minutes
- Warm Soups: 20 Minutes
- Happy Desserts: 30 Minutes
- Salads full of Sunshine: 40 Minutes
- Special Sides: 1 Hour
- The Best Main Dishes: 2 Hours + more
So, if you only have 5 minutes to practice self-care, you can shop at the 5 minutes category. Or if you have 30 minutes, you can shop at the 30 minutes category. There is something for everyone in this menu.
SELF-CARE MENU: THE BEST SELF CARE IDEAS
Without further a do, here is the menu you have all been waiting to receive. Grab the menu, shop with your time, and enjoy some self-care! XO
WELL-BEING DRINKS: 5 MINUTES
- Find a mirror in your house, look into it, and smile!
- Walk around your house while listening to music.
- Drink a cold glass of water (bonus if you add a lemon!)
- Listen to your absolute favorite song.
- Take a selfie.
- Grab a piece of paper and write down 5 things you’re grateful for.
- Create a tweet and publish it.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Read the daily Bible verse on the Bible app.
- Text a loved one.
- Do 50 squats.
- Subscribe to fitness channels on YouTube.
- Change your bedsheets and make your bed.
- Put pretty jewelry on.
- Download new apps.
- Follow 5 new accounts on Instagram (hey, let’s be friends on Instagram)
- Find a quote on Pinterest and share it on social media.
- Put on your favorite lipstick.
- Enjoy quiet time.
SAVE THESE 5 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
SNACKS OF LOVE – 10 MINUTES
- Paint your nails.
- Go for a walk outside of your house.
- Scroll through Pinterest.
- Watch TikToks.
- Try a 10 minute plank workout.
- Put on a face mask.
- Make yourself a delicious smoothie.
- Write a letter to yourself.
- Put on your favorite outfit.
- Do one lesson on Duolingo (language learning app)
- Exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize your face.
- Scroll through Instagram and like some photos.
- Repeat 10 positive affirmations.
- Eat a delicious bowl of fruits.
- Read a blog post.
- Track your mood with a mood tracker.
- Read 10 inspirational quotes.
- Write out a bucket list.
- Sit outside and breathe fresh air.
- Watch a short and inspiring TED talk. se
SAVE THESE 10 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
HEALTHY APPETIZERS – 15 MINUTES
- Take a warm bubble bath.
- Grab a chair and do a 15 minute chair workout.
- Draw something on a piece of paper or a sketchbook.
- Complete the Alphabet Workout Challenge.
- Write a short poem.
- Do a brain dump.
- Stretch your body.
- Watch videos on YouTube.
- Make a delicious avocado toast, here’s my recipe!
- Do a puzzle (if you don’t have any puzzles, print one out!)
SAVE THESE 15 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
WARM SOUPS – 20 MINUTES
- Do your makeup.
- Create a pretty graphic on Canva.
- Go on a 20 minute walk.
- Write in a journal.
- Make a list of things that make you smile, here’s my list!
- Listen to a podcast.
- Find a reason to laugh – watch funny videos.
- Go through your emails.
- Try a Pamela RF 20 minute workout.
- Create a new playlist.
SAVE THESE 20 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
HAPPY DESSERTS – 30 MINUTES
- Read the Bible, here are 10 fun ways to read the Bible.
- Mini online shopping spree.
- Facetime a friend.
- Pray to God.
- Create multiple boards on Pinterest based on your interests.
- Take a nap.
- Unsubscribe from emails.
- Create a list of your goals.
- Style your hair (use Pinterest for hairstyles inspo!)
- Learn something new.
SAVE THESE 30 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
SALADS FULL OF SUNSHINE – 40 MINUTES
- Cook a new recipe.
- Create beautiful bullet journal spreads.
- Organize your make up.
- Create fun tabs for your Bible.
- Fold laundry while watching videos on YouTube.
- Social media purge (get rid of toxic, negative, bot accounts)
- Color while listening to a podcast (Print out coloring pages if you don’t have a coloring book at home!)
- Try on different outfits and take photos.
- Practice a new language.
- Catch up on on your favorite YouTube channels.
SAVE THESE 40 MINUTE SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
SPECIAL SIDES – 1 HOUR
- Have a complete workout session.
- Make yourself a delicious meal.
- Watch an episode of your favorite TV show.
- Post on Instagram and engage with your followers.
- Plan for the week.
- Answer Vogue’s 73 questions.
- Create emoji bookmark corners for your books.
- Organize your computer files.
- Reorganize your bedroom.
- Take out your Bible study supplies and study the Bible in depth.
SAVE THESE 1 HOUR SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
THE BEST MAIN DISHES – 2+ HOURS
- Meal prep for the week.
- Write a blog post.
- Bake something delicious!
- Watch 3 movies and be productive at the same time, here are 20 ways how!
- Take a course on a topic you’re interested in.
- Create a beautiful painting.
- Declutter your camera roll – get rid of unnecessary photos.
- Order take out & watch a movie.
- Clean out your entire closet.
- Create a vision board.
- Look through old photos.
- Create an at home workout plan.
- Practice a new hobby.
- Do laundry while listening to music.
- Make homemade pizza (there are many great and easy recipes on YouTube)
SAVE THESE 2 HOURS+ SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR LATER!
SELF-CARE MENU PRINTABLE
More Posts You May Like:
- 50 Simple Self-Care Ideas For Hard Days
- 30 Day Self-Care Challenge For Women
- The New Self-Care Is Self-Sustainability
- 50 Winter Self-Care Ideas For Cozy Days
I had so much fun creating this post and self-care menu! I hope you enjoyed it, too. Tell me, what did you shop for from this self-care menu? How much did you spend? 🙂
Until next time,